Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Steam Rolled Thumper and Reggie’s Birthday

About 30 seconds out of my driveway this morning I ran over a bunny. This wasn’t one of those ugly gray colored bunnies either. This one was light brown and had a perfectly white tail. I saw the bunny in the other lane. As I was admiring its beauty, it decided to hop underneath my front left tire.
Dead bunny was much better looking than this guy

I heard a pop, and then in my side-view mirror I saw fluff. Darn. Poor guy. Worst part of the story? I have to pass its mangled fluffy carcass whenever I go to or from my house. What a way to start my morning!

Reggie’s birthday was on Monday. Happy 2nd birthday Reg!
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=6fa8250bc8&view=att&th=138be206bb879520&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_Wf8idq4DilFfb5Tb4A4Bx&sadet=1343219853973&sads=IYcBF_moX6AktwqbSrrrW-4nY1k
Reggie checking out his present
In lieu of a bunch of stuffed toys (that within hours would look similar to the bunny after it met my Xterra this morning), we bought him just one toy.  *Side note: are we the only family out there that buys their pets birthday presents? My parents looked at us like we were crazies. Anyhow, that one toy was… A WALKY DOG! Yep, while trying to save money for a new house, we splurged $47.72 on a baton with a bungee cord that attaches to your bike.

Below is a video of Reggie and I strolling down the street. Things were going well until the neighbors unleashed Yorkie made an appearance. Though you can't see it in the video, everything went fine and Reggie just kept jogging along side the bike.

* Also, please forgive my pajama pants; I am still too large to fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans and am in denial that I may never will fit into them again.
 

1 comment:

  1. No, you aren't the only ones that buy birthday presents for puppies. We usually pick up a treat for Preston from Three Dog Bakery. It's a given.

    ReplyDelete