Monday, July 30, 2012

Lake Trip

My Loves
Long deep breath....

We made it.
Last night we returned from a weekend vacation. We went here:
Location: Indiana/Michigan Border
We decided to bring the pups with us... Traveling long distances with a baby and two dogs? It was a little crazy at times. Other than Savannah's minor accident on the way there, the trip was a success. A huge thanks to Dick and Patty for letting this mess stay at their lake cottage.
Reggie and Savannah enjoying the lake wind in their ears
Reggie went for his first swim. He wasn't ready to jump in again afterwards, but liked to stand at the front of the boat and intently watch all of the kids swimming. He has a bright future as a life guard. (Possible role in Air-Bud 18, Lake Adventures??)
Reggie swimming at the sand bar with Jason and I

Lucy went for her first boat ride, but her momma wasn't quite ready to put her in the water yet.  We bundled her up in a crazy-big life vest. The poor thing. I realize they're made to save her life in the event of an accident, but seriously, this thing was twice her size. She was a good sport, considering the ridiculousness of the situation.


Kyle's Uncle Tom and Aunt Deb hosted an awesome party. We celebrated 3 and 8's birthdays.
8 (Auntie Em) and 3 (Jay) with their birthday cake. And, no, I don't think the Irish-flag icing colors just happened by coincidence.
 
We drank a few cocktails and ate a delicious meal. We played Bags (I lost due to a lucky streak by Joe C.), we visited, and laid in the hammock. And Lucy was able to meet even more of her awesome family.
 
Awesome family


More  family awesomeness
I really love Kyle's family. They're all just such nice and fun people. Both of our families are filled with kind supportive people. Not to mention very drama-free. It was a great weekend spent with great company.
I think Reg and I could get used to the "Lake Life"

P.S. It is EXTREMELY hard for me to type "Michigan". I constantly type M-I-C-H-E ... Silly brain, constantly trying to type Michelle.

1 comment:

  1. Great lake photos...especially the one of Kyle and Lucy in the hamock. I think you could win a prize with that one! Lucy and I agreed (while discussing the weekend events over a bottle (of milk not wine) that her first lake visit was wonderful and she would love to go back. The life preserver was a little cumbersome but she understood and agreed that she had to follow the boating regulations.

    ReplyDelete