Friday, July 27, 2012

Baby Free

Kyle and I have been baby free for over 24 hours.

Lucy stayed over at her nana and papas last night. Kyle took me out to for nice dinner. We realized that it had been well over a year since the last time we went out for dinner and each had a glass of wine :)

We watched an hour of uninterrupted TV (with another glass of wine).

We slept in a pitch black room (usually we have to leave the closet light on, so we can check on Lucy during the night). I slept very soundly, until I had to wake up and pump. 
Luckily, I have a technologically savvy mother in law who keeps me posted through picture mail... Lucy's last 24 hours has looked something like this:




Though the calmness was a nice break, I'm anxious to see and hold my little girl again.




2 comments:

  1. Angie Kelly PheiferJuly 27, 2012 at 10:52 PM

    So presh. Lucy is seriously the cutest babe ever. I'm glad that you and Kyle could have a night to yourselves. My mom once told me that Kyle's (and my) grandmother once told her (sorry, try to follow...) that you need that time ... it's the glue that holds your family together. Or something like that. I'm sure it sounded better when she said it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. Thanks Angie. I completely agree. Sometimes we get so caught up in the baby, the dogs, and everything else going on, it's too easy to put our marriage on the back burner. It's nice to spend time just the two of us every now and then :)

      Delete