Thursday, July 5, 2012

Dear Lucy - 2 Months

Dear Lucy,

Today you are two months old. You are the most beautiful two-month old ever, both inside and out.

Everyday I tell you that “You are going to do great things. You are going to treat others with respect. You are going to love yourself. And you are going to stand up for what is right”. I started telling you when you were not even a week old. It reminded me of the book “The Help” (an excellent read that your Nana had recommended) and I’ve told you everyday since.

You are becoming more and more like your daddy everyday. You snore when you sleep on your back. This morning, I noticed that your feet of your onesie were sopping wet (you must get your sweaty feet from your daddy too). You guys like to watch the Cubs games together, and you love falling asleep on his chest

You’ve really started to grab onto things. Your favorites are your daddy’s chest hair or my butterfly necklace. I eventually took off my necklace so you won’t break it. It’s the necklace that your daddy bought me as a “push present”. When we hold you, you'll grab onto our shirt when you're starting to fall asleep. I think you do it so that you'll know if we put you down.

Though the thing I’m told the most about you is “what beautiful hair”, the second most commented is “what a ‘doll baby’ ”. Your daddy and I aren’t exactly sure what it means, but we think that it means that you’re as cute as a doll?
 
Though you’ll fuss more than last month, I still think that you might be the world’s happiest baby. You prefer to be held so that you can see what’s going on. You’ll just sit there and watch. You’ll give out a quick grunt if you’re not happy.

This has been my first week back at work and I miss you whenever I’m not at home with you. Your nuna and nana have been coming over to watch you. You love them both and you are always a happy baby for them too.

You are growing wonderfully. You weigh 12.4 pounds and are already rocking some of your 3 month old clothing. You got an A+ at your two month check up.

You’ve started sleeping more at night and less during the day. On a good night you’ll sleep 6-7 hours straight.

You definitely know your mama’s voice, and I’m pretty sure you’d be able to pick me out of a lineup.

I find myself loving you more and more everyday. Just when I think I can’t love someone anymore, I fall a little more in love with you!

I’ll always love you anyway,

Your mama


3 comments:

  1. Michelle, Your letters to Lucy are wonderful. They make me cry! She is blessed to have you as her Momma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it OK for granddads to get tears to their eyes when they read the blog - I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm hoping to copy these down into her baby book. Kyle has volunteered to write month 3.

    ReplyDelete