Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Finishing What you Start...

I am ready to be done being pregnant. 

I want to be able to bend over, tie my shoes and not gasp for air as I stand back up.

I want to be able to sleep on my stomach (though never in my life have I been a stomach sleeper, I'd still like to give it a try).

I want to be able to drink a caffeinated sugary beverage and not have to worry about my stomach jumping for the next 2 hours.

I want to be able to do a sit up and not have to roll from side to side to get out of bed in the morning. 

I want a glass of wine (or maybe two).

I was reading through one of the many magazines that they handed out during our child-birth class. There was an article on those who do not deliver early (which will be me). The article made the comparison to finishing a marathon. Not to downplay those who delivered their babies prior to 40 weeks, but the article said that quitting at 38 or 39 weeks would be like not running the last mile or half a mile when running a marathon. 

So it looks like Lucy wants to make sure I finish this endeavor; every last step of it.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle,

    After seeing the marathon analogy, I thought I'd turn to the net for an inspirational quote - how about this: "(Marathoners) run for the finish line even if someone else has reached it first."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. It's a little tough when pregnant women with due dates days and even weeks after you have already delivered. Hopefully this just means a healthy baby who gets to avoid a stay at the NICU.

    ReplyDelete