Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Just a Crib...

Kyle and I found and bought this crib on craigslist:
It's just a crib. 
Just one piece of furniture. 
Not even assembled. 
Just sitting against a wall in our office. 
Just one of the many things we're going to need before Ringlet arrives in 28 weeks... 

I didn't think that "just a crib" would turn out to be "just a preview of sleepless nights, and a realization that some little, crying, real, live, tiny person will be lying in this crib waiting for one of us to tend to it's every needs in just 28 weeks". Yes, I realize that we have a long ways to go... But between this crib and my sweatpants, I'm realizing that "just 28 weeks" really isn't that far away!

1 comment:

  1. JUST one of many memorable baby moments...buying the first crib, picking out the first pair of maternity pants. Enjoy each one! Bev and I remember our moments. It's so nice to be a part of yours.

    ReplyDelete