Monday, November 28, 2011

It's a ...

This Thanksgiving we got to share the wonderful news of Ringlet with Kyle’s family. We’ve been slowly leaking the news as we saw friends and family over the last few weeks. We decided telling people in person would be more sentimental than via email, mass text message, or social networks. And it was… I just wish we had the opportunity to tell everyone in person.

The Kelly-family Thanksgiving is similar to many family Thanksgivings, except at a much larger magnitude. Everyone takes their seat at an incredibly long table, and prior to carving the 3 or 4 turkeys, we go around the table saying what we are each thankful for. This year Kyle and I went last. He said that he was thankful for the expected addition to our family and I said that I was thankful for mother-daughter relationships.

That’s correct, little Ringlet is a GIRL! We can now start using words like “she” and “her”. We had an ultrasound appointment right before Thanksgiving, and brought my mom with us. She didn't know about the appointment, or that we were finding out the gender.

We had planned to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family on Saturday; however the whole family was sick, so we decided not go over to my parent’s house. Instead Kyle and I cleared out our office, and started transforming it into Ringlet’s room. After four trips to the paint store and numerous samples of purple and greens, I think that we’ve picked out the perfect paint colors. Kyle started to paint the ceiling and trim. Next up will be painting the walls five different colors and hanging chair rail (which also needs to be painted). After that he plans to hang new blinds and install hardwood floors. Have I told you how talented my husband is?

On Sunday my friend Jim and his wife Kristin met us out for lunch in Terre Haute. They were heading back to Chicago from Columbus and made a detour to hang out. It was nice catching up and hearing about their honeymoon and discussing life with dogs and babies :)

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving weekend.

P.S. For anyone who's keeping tabs, Ringlet's now the size of an onion.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Michelle and Kyle... What great news. I know she will be gorgeous with such a beautiful mother and a handsome father. Maybe her middle name will be Yoshiko like lori, lisa and liz... I will talk to you soon. xoxoxo yfa....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Auntie Sandy. Yoshiko is definitely on our short list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaaaaaaay!!!! I don't even care that my prediction was wrong. I can start buying her clothes now!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete