Monday, November 21, 2011

Arizona...

I phones take awesome photos, especially when the weather is gorgeous!

Kyle and I are back from Arizona. We had such a great time with my best friend, Draves and her fiance, Mark. It's the first time since being pregnant that I've had a ton of fun and didn't even notice that I couldn’t have a glass of wine (that speaks magnitudes of how fun these two are). They are adorable together and I think they really bring out the best in each other. It's such a good feeling to see someone you love this happy. 

On Saturday morning, Draves and I went wedding dress shopping in Scottsdale. For a girl who’s not much of a shopper, I surprisingly enjoy wedding dress shopping. I felt like we were on an episode of “say yes to the dress” (minus the overwhelming entourage, crying, and five digit price tags). While the boutique girls were clipping dress after dress, the boys were out on a “man-date”. Somehow in just a few hours, they stopped at a festival, went on a brewery tour, watched Wisconsin beat Illinois, had a beer at an ASU pub, and even browsed some trinkets. During their excursion, Kyle was shocked to be flashed the Arizona State pitchfork by a seven year old. By the time Draves and I met back up with them, they knew as much about each other as I know about Draves. Kyle's already hoping to go back for the Cub's spring training. Though he may be going solo, since at 8 months pregnant, I won't be able to fly.

Only three days of work this week. I hope it goes by fast!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you both enjoyed the weather. Sounds like you had fun.
    ...come back soon! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Auntie Donna! We left late Friday and got back Sunday. Hopefully next time we can visit for a little longer!

    ReplyDelete