Thursday, April 12, 2012

37 weeks

I feared that one day, this fruit would come… Little Lucy Ring is the size of watermelon. Yowsers! At my appointment on Tuesday, they estimated that she weighs 6 pounds and 12 ounces. That puts her in the 58 percentile. She received 8 out of 8 for the portion of the biophysical profile test that she completed. They did note that she was a little low on amniotic fluid. We skipped the non-stress test part of it. The doctor was behind, and she had aced all of the other tests.
We passed our childbirth course. It was nice taking the 6 week class. At the review, I was amazed of how much I had learned. I think we’re ready for this whole baby pushing business. Which, we did find out that Lucy has turned and is head down.

22 more days until her due date. I have another doctor’s appointment next Thursday. It should be just a quick check up to make sure we’re still feeling ok. I’ve actually been feeling a lot better than I expected to be feeling at this point. Sometimes my lower back will be a little sore, but nothing too bad. I’m starting to find bending down to tie my shoes sort of difficult too.

By the way, we received this in the mail:
 
Barbara (Christine's mother-in-law) knitted Lucy a sweater, socks,  and hat. These may be the most adorable things I've ever seen. I can't wait until she's big enough to rock out in this!

1 comment:

  1. Way to GO, Lucy and Michelle, for having aced all of your tests. (And to Kyle for passing the class!) Can't wait for Lucy's birthday. What a beautiful sweater/hat/socks from Barbara! Does Lucy need a dishcloth?...I'm knitting those now.

    ReplyDelete