Monday, February 13, 2012

Waiting for Lucy

Remember this post?

Well, I think we're ready to handle a few vomity faces (at least we keep telling ourselves that we're prepared to). We've chosen a name for little Ringlet... 

Lucy Ring. (I know, I know, "it has a nice 'ring' to it"). We had a few other names picked out, and one morning, out of the middle of nowhere, I told Kyle "I think she feels like a Lucy", and it stuck. Surprisingly, we randomly found a name that we both love.

Kyle painted purple letters, wrapped them with green yarn and hung them over her crib. So it's official. No changing it now. So don't ask. Those letters were too hard get hung up. (My slightly OCD husband had to make sure that they were perfectly centered and spaced above the crib).

**For those who are curious, yes, we finally agreed on a middle name too. But we're keeping that one a secret until her arrival**

Here are some more pictures of our just about finished nursery. I doubt her closet will always stay this neat and organized.
 

My mom refinished my grandmothers baby dresser and finished it off with some baby animal knobs. It looks a-maz-ing!
Kyle and I enjoy sitting in this rocking chair and admiring our work.

7 comments:

  1. I (quietly) go back and forth from the first photo on Feb. 8 to the first photo here and I can already see Lucy peacefully sleeping in her crib.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her name! I'm so glad the word is out, so I can say it out loud... my beautiful granddaughter Lucy Ring. And, I love her room. You did a wonderful job with the furniture, colors, flooring, lettering, etc. Can't wait to sit in the rocker and admire your work (holding Lucy of course).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy is the best name ever!!! Who ever vomits just doesn't have good taste in names... What a cool cool name for a kid the kind of name that will allow her to be anything she wants. Even a punk rocker! ;-) sending our love and kisses to you Kyle and Lucy. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nursery is adorable!!! The name is super cute too! Lucy does have a great "ring" to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww!! I love it. I know Lucy Ring is going to be such a beautiful person because she will have you two as parents. Also, the nursery looks amazing! You guys rule.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you guys- that is one amazing nursery!!!! I am so envious :) I can't wait to see more pics with a BABY in them!

    ReplyDelete