Thursday, December 8, 2011

What’s in a Name…

Naming a baby is hard. Very hard.

We’ve thrown around names for weeks. Some were very nice, pretty names (names that I chose), and some names reminded me of awful people from my past whom I’d hate for any Ring offspring to share a name with (those were usually Kyle’s picks). No matter what name we rattled off, usually one of us didn’t like it.

I’ve heard horror stories of telling others the name that you’ve chosen prior to the baby being born. And the reasoning makes sense. When Kyle suggested the name “Anna”, I crinkled my nose and stuck out my tongue and looked like I was going to vomit. I think he realized that "Anna" wasn't going to make the short list.

No matter what name we choose, somebody's not going to like it. If it takes two of us weeks to find a name we both like, I’m sure it’d take years to find a name that everyone else likes too. And I think little Ringlet needs a name before she enters high school.

People constantly ask if we’ve picked a name. And I think we have, maybe… But for now, we’re going to hold off on announcing it; I’m not quite thick-skinned enough to politely handle a vomitty face.  :)

2 comments:

  1. May I throw a suggestion into the ring...Barbara, after your Grandma Bielick...

    ReplyDelete