Thursday, February 23, 2012

30 weeks

Last weekend was awesome. My sister threw a coed baby shower for us at the abode of my cousin Lisa and Doug in Chicago. There was a great turn out, and it was so nice to see everyone. We played a fun game, and ate some great food. Instead of a card my sister had requested that people bring a book and sign their names on the inside. I LOVED THIS! Kyle and I love reading through the books that everyone had picked. Some had picked their childhood favorite, and others picked a book that they enjoy reading to their young loved ones. 
On Sunday, we went on two brewery tours. It was a great way to spend a beautiful Sunday in Chicago. Like a good attendee I drank all my samples :)
 OK, well maybe I got a little bit of help.

Lucy is at 30 weeks. So only 10 weeks left to go. I'm really getting excited to meet her. She is now the size of an English cucumber. I can constantly feel her kicks and movements. I haven't been feeling well... at all. The doctor thinks it's because of my low blood sugar and super low blood pressure. Add that to a cold and sore throat. I hate to complain, since I had it so easy the first 6 months. The doctor wants to see me weekly and run blood work until I start to feel better, and at least until the chest pains and nausea/vomiting goes away. Until then, Kyle will have to stay on pregnant wife duty :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Goose Island beer! Would have loved to go on that tour. Sorry I missed your baby shower. Hope you feel better soon---Can't wait to meet Lucy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better, Michelle, after a restful weekend. We enjoyed the baby shower and the fun game!!

    ReplyDelete