Friday, January 13, 2012

Ringlet's Now the Size of a... (Insert random fruit/veggie here)

So little Ringlet is now the size of a rutabaga. If you're like me your first thought is "Isn't that the guy who sang Mambo No. 5??"

Not only have I never eaten a rutabaga, but I don't think I've ever seen a rutabaga either. Is a rutabaga the same as a turnip? Not that it matters, since turnips are also on the list of things I've never seen or eaten... I guess I'm just not much of a veggie connoisseur. 
Rutabaga

Last week, Kyle and I set up two baby registries for Ringlet. I hope she likes what we picked out. A slightly hungover Kyle (it was the morning after his birthday party) did really well registering at Buy buy baby. I think he picked out more items than I did! Then when we got home, I picked out a slew of cool stuff from Amazon.

We're on the last boards for the nursery floor. And then I'll post some pictures of our progress.
Next week, I fly to Alabama for work, and then I'll go on a traveling hiatus until Ringlet arrives. 

For anyone else who is still trying to Google the size of a rutabaga is, use this instead...
Oh, Ringlet and I had a glucose tolerance test on Tuesday. It was not fun. You drink a nasty orange drink and get a whole bunch of blood drawn. Our next appointment will be in 4 weeks. They'll do an ultrasound to check on how much she's grown. I think that this will be longest stretch I've gone with out seeing her!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading your post! I've never eaten a rutabaga...or if I have, I didn't know that's what it was. Sorry about the no fun glucose test. Little Ringlet probably sensed that her mother wasn't very happy, but proud that her mother was able to get thru all the blood draws.

    ReplyDelete