Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Another change for Lucy

We told Lucy's daycare as soon as we knew we were pregnant with twins. That way we could make sure to have two spots for when I went back to work. Some how their new director managed to screw things up and when I went to confirm their spaces at 35 weeks pregnant, she said that there wouldn't be room for everyone.

I've always loved Lucy's daycare. The teachers have always been so nice and loving. Monday was Lucy's second to last day of daycare. She carried her own bag out. In this bag were dozens of projects and updates on Lucy throughout her time at Rainbow Child Care. In the bag was homemade picture after picture with her little hand and feet prints. And photos of her chunky face with short hair (I remember thinking it was so long at the time!)

As Lucy showed off her brother and sister, I cried. Her Teachers cried. Kyle said that it really shows how much love Lucy received in their care. But Lucy didn't cry. Like when we put Savannah down, she just doesn't understand what's going on, and she just "goes with it".

I know hiring a nanny is our best option, but part of me feels that Audrey and Nolan are going to be missing out on the great experience that Lucy has had. I wish that when I go back to work on March 5th, that I could drop them off with miss Shelly and miss Julie and know that their older sister was in good hands next door!


Lucy with her teachers...

No comments:

Post a Comment