Monday, March 12, 2012

A Nice Relaxing Weekend

Our babies on four legs...

 Our new baby on four wheels...
Sorry, it was dark when I took the picture

We went to see Fiddler on the Roof at the Murat with Kyle's parents on Friday. It was a great performance. It's an excellent musical if you haven't ever seen it. And I didn't fall asleep during it (like I do when watching the movie).

The rest of the weekend we spent hanging out with Steve and Susan (Kyle's parents). We checked out their new house. Picked out an outfit for Lucy to wear home from the hospital. Picked up our new car. Watched college basketball. 

It seems like we usually see Steve and Susan for a few hours and then head back home. It was nice spending a longer time with them.

Our Poor Man's March Totals:
Dog Food: $10.30 (I had some coupons and a left over gift card)
Popcorn and Soda - $2
Soda and Water - $6
Gift - $12
Contact Solution - $13
Red Box - $1.28
Grocery Store - $6.48
Fast Food Totals: Michelle - 2, Kyle - 2
I checked our credit card bill this morning. Holy moly, it was low :) I actually don't remember it ever being so low. The only other things on it was our phone bill and gas for our cars (which wasn't very high, since we haven't been traveling much).

This week I may get to sneak in a few extra "free" Starbucks trips too (Thank you, Christine Lynn!)

P.S. for the last few days, I haven't been able to get this out of my head:
"If I were a rich man,
Yubby dibby dibby dibby dibby dibby dibby dum."
 
Hopefully Lucy enjoys that song, since I'm constantly singing it, and she has no choice but to listen. I should probably learn a few more lines to make it more interesting for her...

P.S.S.  We decided that maybe Kyle will drive the new car and I'll drive the mazda3. Parking the Xterra in a busy parking lot was quite humorous. Though, I think the cars around me were getting quite annoyed. I felt like I kept backing up and doing the same thing over and over again. I felt like I was parking a school bus... or at least a minivan! Now I know why they have you just leave the vehicle out front after the test drive, instead of having you try to maneuver it into a tiny parking spot. Sheesh!

1 comment:

  1. I forgot we also spent $20 at trader joes for burritos, salsa and frozen meals...

    ReplyDelete