Monday, October 6, 2014

Dear Kyle - 7 years

Dear Kyle,

7 years ago my roommate convinced me to go watch the LSU-Florida game at her boyfriend’s place. He had a roommate that I “would totally hit it off with”. I met her boyfriend, I met his roommate, and I met you (the roommate that she failed to mention). You and I “clicked” over things like sports, Nintendo, and not doing drugs. About a week or so later, you asked your roommate if it’d be ok to ask me out on a date. You showed up for our first date right on time. I had gone in to work at 3AM that morning, and took a nap after work. Right during the middle of my nap, you showed up, and I rushed to get ready.

I would say that since then we’ve had our share of “ups and downs”, but really there haven’t been any “downs”.

You have always treated me with respect. You make every effort for me to be able to pursue things that interest me (even if they don’t interest you). You’ve been supportive of my career. You make me feel beautiful, even when I haven’t showered for 3 days. I’ve never once had to question your loyalty or love. And most importantly, you have blessed me with the three most amazing little people on Earth.

7 years ago, I knew that you were nice, good looking, and funny. But I had no idea what an amazing husband and father you would become. Our life has become complete chaos. And no one truly understands other than you and I. Each day that we keep all three kids fed and alive, is a win in our books. Lucy tells people that she is “daddy’s little princess”, and she is. You make her feel loved and you respect her, just the same way you treat me.

The last 7 years have, without a doubt, been the best years of my life. I look forward to growing old and spending the next 7 decades with you too.

I will always love you anyway,

Michelle




No comments:

Post a Comment