Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Dear Hattie

Dear Hattie,

I met you just 4 days ago. I said goodbye to you the day before yesterday. This is one of those times that I'm not sure if it was harder to say hello or goodbye.

It doesn't make sense. I once heard a quote that "time heals what reason cannot" and that's what I keep telling myself. Because I cannot make reason of why you were taken from us.

I struggle to understand why God chose this. It doesn't take away the hurt, but I am comforted knowing that your life had purpose. And you fulfilled His purpose perfectly. And for that, I am so very proud of you.

When I said goodbye to you, I sang you "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". It's one of my children's favorite lullabies. When I look up at the night sky, and I see a star shining bright, I shall forever think of you and how you are looking down on us, watching us.

Goodnight my little star,

I will always love you anyway,

Auntie Chel












No comments:

Post a Comment