Friday, September 20, 2013

A & B are now A & N :)

I remember when I was pregnant with Lucy people would often ask "have you picked out a name?" When I'd tell them we did, and that we were going with Lucy, I would usually get positive feedback. 

I remember someone telling me (with a disappointing look) "Oh, that's my dogs name. You should go with Lily instead." I felt like responding with "I'm sorry that you named your dog a human name, and not a dog's name like Spot or Fido." But instead I just smiled and said "I'll think about it." 

Let's be honest, I wasn't going to "think about it". It had taken Kyle and I months to agree on Lucy! So here we've been, tossing names back and forth for a few months. Nothing too matchy or twiny. Had to sound nice with the name Lucy. Nothing spelled incorrectly (Kyle's pet peeve). Plus this time we had to come up with two names. After much thought and debate we decided to go with our favorites from our first pregnancy (aside from Lucy)...

Drumroll please... Little Right and Baby Left will officially be Audrey and Nolan! And if you don't like those names and would like to suggest something else, "I'll think about it." :)

4 comments:

  1. Great! I like how polite you are... I'll think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Names that go with Lucy???? Could have been Ethel and Ricky -!!!! Just Kidding....Audrey and Nolan are nice names....unique enough to not have 10 in their classes with those names yet not odd.....and I have same pet peeve as Kyle - odd spellings of names is just weird.

    Denise Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those names! I will, however, throw my hat in the ring for a suggested middle name for Audrey...My mom, your grandma, Barbara Ann, would have loved it if Audrey Ann Ring was your choice...just saying...

    Great Auntie Donna

    ReplyDelete