Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween

A few years ago, Kyle and I had a heart to heart. We discussed a feeling that we both harbored... We both grossly dislike dressing up for Halloween. So every mid-October, Kyle will ask me "So, what are you going to be for Halloween?"

My reply "NOTHING! You?"

"Nothing!"

We don't hate Halloween. We're not the grinch of October 31st. I actually enjoy buying nice candy for the trick-o-treaters (I strive to have the best candy on the block, but no chocolate, of course). I loved picking out my costume as a child. But it's just different as an adult.

As Halloween approaches this year, I've been asked "so what is Lucy going to be for Halloween?" My response, "nothing, just like her momma and daddy". I promise that once she's  old enough to walk and eat candy, I'll buy her what ever Halloween costume that she wants (though, I'm not designing a Totoro costume. Nor am I sewing anything extravagent). And I'll let her daddy walk her around the neighborhood, while I stay at home and take pride handing out my super-sized super ropes (Hey, I've gotta look out for all of the other non-chocolate eaters out there!)

So don't be disappointed if you check in on November first and there aren't any pictures of Lucy as a Lion or Duck.
Pretty sure these costume's win David the title of "Dad of the Century"

No comments:

Post a Comment