Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Dear Nolan - 18 months

Dear Nolan,

You are definitely a boy!  (Not that there was ever any doubt.)  You like playing with cars and trucks, you pick on your sisters, and you love to throw things.  Yep, definitely a boy.  I have a feeling you are going to join your cousins, Ben and Jacob, to form a trio of havoc pretty soon.

But you certainly are, first and foremost, your Mama’s little guy.  While you call pretty much everyone “daddy”, nobody can make your face to light up like your Mama.  You live for her.  She’s your first, second, and third choice of who to go to.

You (and your sisters) love playing outside.  You love the swings and the slide.  We’ve been working on your baseball swing.  You also like to watch Daniel Tiger or Frozen.  But your favorite thing is to ride on Mama’s back in a carrier (sensing a theme here?).  You will immediately drop anything you’re doing if you know you have a chance to ride around like a Koala on her back.

You are very good with technology already.  I’m amazed at how you can navigate Lucy’s iPad or my phone and find exactly what you want to watch.  You don’t talk much yet, not like Audrey, but I can tell in a lot of other ways that you are a very bright kid.  At this point, you’re probably content with Lucy answering questions for you.

You are a very sweet guy.  You like to snuggle, you are great at blowing kisses and giving hugs.  It is always so nice when I get home and you yell “Daddy!” and come running over to give me a hug with a giant smile on your face.  Speaking of which, that smile may be your meal ticket in life!  Even immediately after you’ve intently destroyed something, you’ll flash that big grin that makes it tough to get mad at you.  I hope you always have that smile to share with the world.

Nolan, I love you very much.  I know sometimes I forget that you are only 1.  You can definitely be a little tornado at times, but I need to remember that you’re just exploring and learning at your pace.
I can tell that you have a big heart and just love being loved.  And you are loved, just the way you are.  But… please stop biting Mama and your sisters!

Love always,

Daddy







1 comment:

  1. Nolan, you are a wonderful little boy!! I agree, you like to throw things and call me Daddy, but that smile of yours warms my heart! I love watching you and Audrey play together. I love you!

    ReplyDelete