Tuesday, July 2, 2013

An Extra Hand...

Smell that? That's the smell of a clean bathroom counter.

Hear that? That's the sound of the dishwasher running.

And that? Oh, that's my baby, happily playing with her toys.

A few weeks ago, two high school students from our apartment complex posted an ad looking for summer jobs. I called one of them, and she comes over twice a week, for about 2 hours. She helps with the cleaning, tidying up, and playing with the baby. Since I don't have to do all of my normal chores (empty/load the dishwasher, walk the dogs, take out the trash*, etc.), Lucy and I get to just play, or snuggle, or play peek-a-boo, or eat. Whatever Lucy is in the mood for, we do! It has been so nice to just enjoy time with her. She's growing up so fast. And she is so much fun at this age. Kyle and I think that this is going to be our favorite age.

*OK, I don't actually ever take out the trash, but Kyle does. And it helps him out too :)

In other news, I had an appointment with my doctor this week. No ultrasound, just heartbeat checks. Little left had a heartbeat of 155. Right was a little less cooperative and had a heartbeat somewhere between 145-150.

My 20 week ultrasound got moved to the maternal and fetal medicine department. Since there are two babies, the maternal and fetal medicine group does slightly more in depth checks at the 20 weeks appointment.

Well that's my update. Time to go enjoy my little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment