Monday, May 13, 2013

Squatters

Less than 20 months ago, I was posting this: Speck or Fleck? We had seen Lucy (or "Spleckle", as I had nicknamed her), and her itty bitty heart beat for the first time.

Well today I got to see our little squatters, who are hopefully getting nice and cozy inside my uterus. Two strong heartbeats, both measuring right on track at 6 weeks and 2 days.

6 weeks is very early to get excited. There's still a significantly large chance that one or both of my squatters could pack up and leave (trust me, I've googled "chance of miscarriage with twins at 6 weeks" and every version of that statement at least 100 times today). But for now, I'm pregnant with twins, and I'm going to just enjoy this. Hopefully it'll last for a long long time (but just not for more than 34 more weeks, please!)
My Squatters
*Dr. B thought that they look like two little Owl's eyes :) But calling them "left eye" and "right eye" sounded a little too TLC-ish.

2 comments: